5 tips for better work/life balance
- 25% of small business owners work more than 40 hours a week.
- 69% answer business emails in their free time.
- 91% work weekends.
- 26% never stop thinking about their business.
- 16% haven’t taken a vacation in 4 years.
Although we can’t promise a perfect 50/50 work/life balance, our five tips will help to put you on the road to success.
- Prioritize. Focus on what’s truly important. Usually, that means work only you can do, that delivers high value and that serves your most important customers.
- Negotiate. Most of the time, clients are willing to be flexible. When you have multiple deadlines hitting at once, talk to your customers and see if you can extend your deadline.
- Delegate. Identify current tasks that your employees could handle and train them to take over.
- Get help. From hiring part-time contractors or virtual assistants to taking advantage of business apps that automate and streamline menial tasks, get the help you need.
- Schedule downtime. Even when you’re working your hardest, take the time to decompress. A simple game of tennis or lunch with friends will do wonders.
Visit the Small Business Community to read the full article.
Get more time for your life and your business.
Business Advantage 360 now comes with Connected Business Apps. Not only will you manage cash flow more effectively, you can access QuickBooks® Online, ADP® Payroll and G Suite from one Business Advantage dashboard.
And don’t forget that Erica®, your virtual financial assistant, is always available to answer your questions, help you stay on top of your finances and make everyday banking easier.
The mobile feature, Erica, is only available in the English language. This feature requires that you download the latest version of the Mobile Banking app and is only available for select mobile devices. Message and data rates may apply.
Erica, Bank of America and the Bank of America logo are registered trademarks of Bank of America Corporation.